The Certified OD Specialist program, of Carlton Advanced Management Institute, USA, is done in India, Indonesia, Dubai, Jordan and Singapore in association with Middle Earth Consultants. This program is implemented in 2 phases. The First is the CODA - Certified Organizational Development Analysis which is of 2 days and the second is the CODD - Certified Organizational Development Diagnosis which is of 3 days.
As Business environment today is dynamic in nature, it poses a challenge to the effective functioning of an organization. An organization being the vehicle of achieving its mission & vision, it is very necessary to nurture the organization and all of its processes, systems and people it comprises. This can be done through learning of Organizational development practices. Organizational development involves the application of behavioral science knowledge to the planned interventions in organizational strategies, structures, and processes for improving an organization's effectiveness.
This Certified OD Specialist program helps you to identify the needs of an organization and its people. It will provide guidance in formulating and implementing practices which are best suited to the changing needs of the organization. In addition it will provide the knowledge of underlying principles and theories of Organization Development and to build capability across a full range of OD competencies.
By attending this workshop you’ll be able to learn:
- Overview of Organizational development
- Organizational Diagnosis, using Malcolm Baldridge model
- Diagnosis of HR processes, people & indicators
- Understand organizations as process & system levels
- Identify and improve organizational processes and systems:
- Organizational leadership development
- Organizational culture using Hofstede and Schein’s model
- Organizational strategy & process alignment
- HR processes and their improvement
- Other organization processes
- Methods to implement and improve OD practices
- Understand knowledge management & its trends in organization
- Learn about key customer related aspects & models
- Develop capabilities for using one's self as an agent of change
- Build and develop organizational development solutions that will achieve the best long term results
- Application of various OD theories and models in real time situations
Unique benefits to the participants:
- Get a comprehensive, information packed courseware during the program and for back home use
- Learn from the industry experts who have a vast experience in the area of Organizational development
- Network with other professionals with same background and interest
- Brand yourself as a certified Organizational Development Specialist
- Unique "risk free" money back guarantee
- Candidates have access to contact the instructors for doubts and clarifications via phone and email.
Who should attend?
- The course can be attended by HR professionals, OD practitioners, HR consultants & trainers, faculties in management institutions and anyone who is interested in the field of OD.
Organizational Development overview
- Tangible & intangible aspects in organization
- Rapid pace of change & mega trends
- How OD has benefited organizations?
- OD overview, its history & advantages
- Some great thinkers in OD
- Various OD models i.e. Action research model, Burke-Lit win model etc.
- Overview of Porter five forces model
- SWOT analysis
- Value discipline model
- Role of Mission, vision & values
- Strategic alignment: analysis & planning
- Creation of strategy maps and drivers and key determinants
- What is organizational diagnosis?
- Why diagnosis?
- Various diagnostic models
- Understanding Malcolm Baldrige business excellence model
- SWOT assessment using Malcolm Baldridge scoring sheet
- Identification of weaker areas of organization
HR process audit and identifying improvement areas
- HR processes
- Need for improvement
- Overview of People Capability Maturity model
- Why PCMM?
- Components of PCMM
- Process characteristics of five sequence levels
- Implementation & uses of PCMM
- Assessment & analysis of organization using PCMM
HR Key drivers of OD
- Competency Centricity
- Key determinants
- Understanding competency mapping
- Competency assessment
- Competency Improvement - training aspects when and why?
- Compensation Centricity
- Key determinants
- Rewards & basics of compensation
- Equity management
- Reward planning
- Performance Centricity
- Key determinants
- Understanding performance planning
- Managing performance
Organizational Leadership & culture development-models & techniques
- Understanding leadership pipeline model for leadership development
- Succession planning
- Organizational culture & its importance
- Schein’s organizational culture model / Study of Hofstede model for assessing culture
- Integration of Leadership & culture
- Overview of corporate governance & best practices
- Organization communication process management
Organizational process improvement
Business process & need for process improvement
- Porter value chain
- Process consistency using ISO model
- Process improvement using Business Process Improvement (BPR)
- Key characteristics of BPR & success stories
- Process optimization using six sigma models
- What is Customer focus?
- Key Customer Focus Model – Kano Model
- Application of Kano Model
- Voice of customer (VOC) & its importance
- Techniques to capture customer needs
- VOC Matrix
- Organizing customer needs through affinity diagram and other methods
- Understanding customer expectations
- Key drivers of customer satisfaction
- How to measure customer satisfaction?
- Customer engagement
- Different stages of engagement
- Managing Customer Satisfaction
- Customer satisfaction & its importance
- Customer Life cycle
- Knowledge managements-benefits & importance
- Various aspects involved with KM
- Knowledge cycle
- Knowledge management strategies
- Selecting a KM strategy
- Knowledge management leadership
Managing Organizational Change
- Change management
- Why manage change?
- Types of change
- Change management process
- Planned change
- Lewin change model
- Action research model
- Change management iceberg model
- Satir change model
- Starting OD interventions coping with change